Restore your teeth to their full potential. Call Cobblestone Family Dental today at (954) 433-2099 to discuss how dental crowns can benefit you.
Dental crowns are an excellent solution for anyone with a damaged or weak tooth that won’t heal independently. They can strengthen your teeth and protect them from future infections. At the same time, crowns are aesthetically pleasing options that can enhance your smile.
Pembroke Pines crowns from Cobblestone Family Dental are reliable and effective. Our crown fitting procedure will quickly return your teeth to their full potential. Stop by our office at 14938 Pines Blvd, Pembroke Pines, FL, or give us a call at (954) 433-2099 to schedule an appointment.
Reasons for Getting Dental Crowns
Patients get dental crowns for various reasons, including:
- Restoring damaged teeth: Cracks and other damage to the teeth can leave them susceptible to further damage. Dental crowns strengthen teeth to prevent such issues.
- Preventing the infection of weak teeth: Likewise, weak teeth commonly result in infection, which dental crowns can help prevent.
- Replacing missing teeth: Missing teeth often cause pain, difficulty chewing, and harmful jaw movement. Dental crowns can restore your mouth’s functionality while filling the unappealing gap.
- Supporting a dental bridge: If the dentist installs a dental bridge to fill the void left by a missing tooth, they’ll likely put a dental crown on your natural tooth, dental implants, or abutment teeth to support the bridge.
- Improving smile aesthetic: Pembrook Pines crowns can also be helpful if you have discolored teeth. Dental crowns can return your smile to its bright white appearance.
Dental Crown Materials
Dental crowns come in several materials, each useful in its own right. Your material choice will vary based on where the tooth is in your mouth.
For teeth in the front of the mouth, which are most often visible, you’ll likely want a dental crown made from ceramic, porcelain, or a composite resin. These materials can be colored to match the shade of your teeth. For a molar, which is in the back of the mouth and critical for chewing, you might want a metal alloy crown to ensure durability.
What to Expect During a Procedure
For the dental crown procedure at Cobblestone Family Dental, you’ll have two separate visits. During the first, we’ll take and send an impression of your teeth to the lab so that the technicians can begin fabricating your crown. We’ll then remove some enamel on the tooth to make room for the crown.
You’ll wear a temporary crown after your first visit until your permanent crown is complete. Be gentle with the temporary crown, as the dentist applies it with removable glue. When your permanent crown arrives, you’ll return for the second appointment, where we’ll bond it to your tooth.
Once we’ve bonded the permanent crown, the procedure is complete. You should feel comfortable speaking and eating within the following few days.
Dental Crowns from Cobblestone Family Dental
If you think Pembroke Pines crowns could be for you, it’s time to book a free consultation. Call Cobblestone Family Dental at (954) 433-2099 today to schedule an appointment.